5 TIPS TO GAIN SELF-CONFIDENCE, ACCORDING TO SASHA-LEE TAYLOR.
As a modelling pageantry coach, Sasha-Lee Taylor instills self-confidence in others on a daily basis. We asked Sasha what tips of advice she would give others wanting to lead a more confident life – whether it’s in the workspace, your personal life, or simply whilst doing your day-to-day tasks.
“I believe the key to gain self-confidence is to believe in yourself which in some everyday life situations can be difficult. However, I believe that if you start small and start somewhere, it is possible.” Sasha-Lee says.
MY TIPS TO EVERYDAY SELF-CONFIDENCE:
1. Never be afraid to speak what’s on your mind, finding your own voice to share your opinion helps one be confident in themselves. Believe in who you are and what you believe in.
2. Don’t be afraid of rejection, we all go through it and it is ultimately what makes us stronger and more confident in the end. Rejection is something that can be used to motivate you to try harder and/or start over whether it be a new goal or a fresh start within a situation.
3. It’s okay to feel uncomfortable and awkward in a new situation - that’s what makes a person grow. Self-confidence and growth don’t happen within a comfort zone.
4. Visualize yourself as you want to be, and work towards being that person. Use a vision board, write down your goals, and practice putting it out there in the universe. What you put out, you attract.
5. I strongly believe mindset is everything - if you have a positive mindset it will reflect in your confidence. Practice gratitude, and listing things you are grateful for each day.
“Most importantly, do one thing that scares you every day. As scary as the task at hand may be, you're not only challenging yourself, but you're also overcoming that initial fear of fear itself. Also, once you accomplish the task, you will have embraced an even bigger sense of accomplishment and self-assurance that you can do what you set your mind to. The task need not be anything drastic, it can be as small or simple as you want, with a purposeful impact on your life.” Sasha-Lee concludes.
Sasha-Lee Taylor not only runs a modelling pageantry school but is the proud author of a successful children’s book, called “Learn to Read, Learn to Lead” which assists learners with basic reading skills. 50% of net proceeds of the book go towards the Nelson Mandela Children's Fund and the Tshwane Child Welfare.
Follow Sasha on Social Media: