Boity toasts with Moët & Chandon to celebrate 4 million followers milestone.
Today, SA’s favourite TV personality, actress and rapper Boitumelo Thulo (AKA Boity) is truly owning her throne and celebrating a momentous Moët milestone as she became one of South Africa’s first celebrities to reach four million Instagram followers.
Boity, who just celebrated her 30th birthday, took to Instagram to announce the news and express her heartfelt gratitude with a powerful symbolic visual of her glamorously poised upon a Moët & Chandon plinth holding a glass of Moët & Chandon, captioned:
“4 MILLION!!! We did it, family!!! Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I do not take your kindness, love and support for granted! These milestones would not be possible without you! Thank you for making this journey so worthwhile! And a big thank you to my @moetchandon family for always going the extra mile to celebrate my special moments like organizing this special shoot at home to celebrate 4M! Love to @avenue.sa @thereallygreatbrandcompany family! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!”
Moët & Chandon, the champagne House associated with the celebration of success and of life’s most memorable moments for over 275 years, salutes Boity. “Today, we propose a toast to Boity’s success and inspiring attitude to life. Moët & Chandon has always been the champagne of choice to celebrate milestones of great personal importance, and this is certainly one such moment!” says Pascal Asin, Moët Hennessy Market Director Africa Middle East.
And this isn’t the first milestone this proudly South African mover & shaker has achieved in the last few months. Aside from completing the 1st season of Own Your Throne BET and going live with her BAKAE music video on YouTube this month, here are just some of our super star’s recent accomplishments…
1. Launching the Boity Thulo Foundation. Boity started the foundation to address the challenges faced by, but not limited to, the Women and Youth of South Africa through education, mentoring and empowerment and especially those who have been hard hit by economic strains, as a result of Covid-19. Taking to social media with the utmost pride, Boity made the big announcement “I’ve finally plucked up the courage.️ I pray that this foundation positively transforms lives for many years to come! “️ @boitythulofoundation #OwnYourThrone”.
2. Signing a record label with DefJam recordings has to be one of the highlights of Boity’s career. Def Jam Recordings is an American record label focused predominantly on hip hop, pop and urban music, owned by Universal Music Group. In SA, the label takes on the name Def Jam Africa and includes artists such as Cassper Nyovest and Nasty C – catapulting Boity into hip hop royalty status.
3. Celebrating her 30th birthday in lockdown isolation, and still doing it in true Boity style accompanied by bottles of Dom Pérignon and Moët & Chandon on the 28th of April. So many milestones to have reached by just 30 – we can’t wait to see what lies ahead for Boity!
4. Gracing the cover of Glamour magazine #GlamxBoity with an incredibly powerful cover shot was next on her list. “We are super excited to have Boity grace our May/June issue. Boity is a hard worker and businesswoman who inspires both young and old," said Glamour editor-in-chief Nontando Mposo. On choosing the fun, playful cover, Mposo added: “The cover and styling is vibrant, colourful and youthful and the image portrays her owning her throne."
5. And while Boity inspires us all to take the time to celebrate our own milestones with Moët & Chandon in challenging times, it’s her personal journey and indomitable spirit that leave us spellbound and we just can’t wait to see what’s next for SA’s powerhouse!
Follow her online