Recipe of the week - Easy-to-make Pancakes.
For many South Africans, pancakes evoke a certain kind of nostalgia. People make pancakes because they're delicious, crowd-pleasing and easy to make. Clover Mama Africa is here to help with an easy-to-make delicious pancake recipe. Everybody loves a good pancake. A shared pancake breakfast is up everyone’s alley because who can resist the smell of warm cinnamon sugar pancakes.
The recipe is available in the Clover SA Food Favourites cookbook, which is filled with great, wholesome and truly South African recipes that will provide you with an omni-sensorial experience. The recipe book has in part been subsidized by Clover because we believe that good food and great memories shouldn’t be limited by price. Also, by purchasing the cookbook, you will be actively helping ladies around South Africa achieve their business dreams through the Clover Mama Afrika project. The project aims to identify women who are already agents of change in their communities and helps train them to become self-sustaining women with skills which then they can use to derive income from, in order to support orphaned and abused children and the elderly and infirm.
Approximately 24 pancakes
500 ml (2 cups) cake flour
10 ml (2 tsp) baking powder
pinch of salt
250 ml (1 cup) CLOVER full-cream milk
250 ml (1 cup) water
5 ml (1 tsp) lemon juice
20 ml (4 tsp) oil
cinnamon sugar for serving
1. Sift the cake flour, baking powder and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
2. Beat the eggs and add the milk, water, lemon juice and oil. Beat well again.
3. Pour the egg-and-milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir until smooth.
4. Heat a frying pan and add just a drop of oil.
5. Spoon approximately 60 ml (4 tbsp) pancake batter into the frying pan. Wait until the pancake starts to form little bubbles, then pull it away from the sides using an egg lifter. Flip over and bake on the other side.
6. Keep the pancakes warm on a plate covered with a saucepan lid.
7. Serve with cinnamon sugar.