SOiL - Top Essential Oils for Wintertime.
During the cold and gloomy winter months, the use of aromatherapy can be particularly beneficial. In addition to helping awakens one’s dulled senses and lifting one’s spirits, aromatherapy can also help alleviate much of the discomfort brought on by the changing seasons! Winter can be tough on the body, with increased rates of respiratory tract infections, dry and damaged skin, poor circulation and intensified arthritic and rheumatic pains to name a few.
Creating 100% pure organic essential oils provide a holistic approach to lifestyles; SOiL has rounded up the top essential oils to see you through winter.
Stimulate your immune system and circulation:
· Cinnamon oil 10ml (R45.00) can be used for infection of the respiratory tract. It has a toning effect on the body, and stimulates the glandular system. It makes a warming liniment to relax tight muscles, ease joint pain, menstrual cramps and increase circulation.
· Clove Bud oil 10ml (R80.00) has long been used for the relief of toothache, and is equally useful for digestive problems. It has excellent antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties. It is reported to relieve arthritic and rheumatic pains.
· Thyme oil 10ml R120.00 is noted for its antiviral and antiseptic properties. It is a wonderful oil to use in a room diffuser to ward off colds and flu.
· Eucalyptus oil 10ml R30.00) is very pleasant for use in massage blends and steam inhalations. It helps clear breathing passageways and can protect against colds and flu conditions.
· Tea Tree oil 10ml RR45.00) has impressive antiseptic, antifungal and antibacterial properties, making it widely used in the treatment of many skin conditions.
· Ginger oil 10ml (R115.00). Ginger has a spicy, woody aroma and is a warming and stimulating oil. It is a good for stimulating circulation, and as a warming ingredient in a chest rub for a cold or flu.
Boost your immunity:
· Easy Breathe 10ml (R60.00), a blend of essential oils contains 100% pure and certified organic essential oils. The combination of Cajeput, Eucalyptus, Peppermint and Clove essential oils help to control pain and fever, congestion and sinusitis.
· Prevention is always better than cure! SOiL’s Immunity blend 10ml (R85.00) contains certified organic Lemongrass, Benzoin, Tea Tree and Thyme essential oils to guard against illness.
Tone and detox:
· Toning Massage Blend 100ml (R110.00) helps reduce cellulite by detoxifying, toning and stimulating the skin. It also contains Juniper berry, which helps get to work on lymphatic congestion.
· Citrus Shea Butter (R150.00). Invigorating and uplifting, this fresh scent contains a firming blend of pure Citrus essential oils blended with Ugandan Shea Butter. This blend is contains Bergamot and Grapefruit, which help tone and detox the body while providing an uplifting scent
Keep your skin mositurised:
· Avocado oil 100ml (R130.00) can be used to soothe skin conditions such as nappy rash, eczema and psoriasis. This rich oil is ideal for a sensitive or dry, mature skin. It assists in the treatment of climate-damaged, undernourished or aged skin
· Argan oil 30ml (R115.00) is a nutrient - and antioxidant-rich oil suitable for use on hair and skin. It’s rich in Vitamin E, Omega 6 & 9 and Ferulic Acid, enabling it to enhance skin radiance, restore the water-lipid balance, reduce inflammation and maintain the structural integrity of the cell membrane
· Sesame Oil 100ml (R90.00) is pressed from sesame seeds and is rich in Vitamin E and anti-oxidants. It's also known to have anti-depressant properties that bring about a sense of well-being. It restarts moisture to the skin, keeping it soft and young looking
· Hemp Seed oil 100ml (R100.00) is rich in antioxidants and essential fatty acids, making it ideal for body care. Its ability to be absorbed deeply and rapidly into the skin makes it an excellent moisturising oil that leaves little surface residue. This oil is produced from a strain of Cannabis that has no narcotic properties
· Unrefined Ugandan Shea Butter (120.00) spreads smoothly and easily all over your body leaving your skin, hair and nails nourished and enriched. This powerful moisturiser protects and nourishes dry and damaged skin. Pure enough for baby too!
All SOiL products are available for purchase at www.soil.co.za
Facebook: SOiL Organic Aromatherapy and Skincare