Tips to help keep your stress away.
Stress has the tendency to take over our bodies and minds when things around us seem to be getting out of control. When stress hormones are released during certain situations, its responsibility is to protect the body in an emergency, giving you the chance to react quickly. However, if you have been feeling stressed all day and the stress response is continuously sending messages, this can put your health and your immune system at serious risk.
During 2020 the entire world was thrown into a new way of living due to COVID-19 and with that came many changes that hardly anyone was prepared for. Tibb Health Sciences, a provider of holistic alternatives for self-healing, mentions that working remotely, online schooling and being at home through a nationwide lockdown, with some restrictions still in place today, this virus shook our worlds, and created imbalance in almost every aspect of our lives. Added stress and increased mental health exhaustion is a common and serious result from this new way of living and contributed to people burning out and seeking help from professionals.
Life with COVID-19 restrictions, according to the South African Depression and Anxiety Group, brought about a rise in levels of loneliness, depression, harmful substance use and suicidal behaviour. Restrictions such as social distancing and restriction of movements, together with job pressures, teaching responsibilities and the anxiety of contracting the virus created levels of stress that can have a negative impact on your body and health.
Unfortunately, this way of living is going to remain for the foreseeable future, and it is import for us to manage our stress levels. Trying to succeed at everything and putting too much pressure on ourselves to make sure that our jobs are secure, our children are up to date with their schoolwork and the entire house is sanitised from top bottom, is not going to help when it comes to giving our bodies the chance it needs to relax and recharge.
Conditions such as stress can create further issues, including immune deficiency, and when a holistic approach is taken, not only is the stress addressed, but the body, giving it the chance to heal itself from the inside. with a harmonious blend of science and personal caring, Tibb’s holistic approach to healthcare focuses on education and stresses the importance of empowering individuals to take responsibility for their health and wellbeing.
Tibb recommends the following five easy tips to help manage your stress, and keep your immune system healthy:
1. During exercise, your body releases endorphins and lowers the stress hormones. The endorphins improve your mood, and act as a natural painkiller. Exercise will also improve your sleep quality and confidence. If you can’t get out on the road or to the gym, a simple exercise to release stress from your muscles is to tense and relax them. Simply lie on the floor and relax. Start with your lower body and tense the muscles for about 10 seconds then slowly relax. Repeat this with the upper part of your body, and don’t forget to breathe in when tensing and out when releasing. This can be repeated five times.
2. Remember to breathe. There are many different types of breathing exercises that can help with various situations. When the stress hormone is released into your body it increases your breathing rate, and in order to slow it down you can take deep, long breaths, hold them and then release. This will bring you back to your calm state and allow you to think clearer. Regular and relaxed breathing can greatly improve your health by regulating your heartbeat, strengthening your nerves, increase your metabolism and settles your mind.
3. Use a supplement to help mitigate the effects of stress. Tibb Stress-away is a herbal supplement that assists in the holistic management of stress levels, restores calmness and helps with sleep disturbances. It can be taken together with Tibb Septogard, which aids to support and reinforce the immune system, and aids the body in healing itself. Taking these two herbal products together ensures you take care of your body and mind.
4. Sleep and rest are vital when dealing with a stressful lifestyle. Being front of our computers, tablets and phones all day affect our quality of sleep, and therefore affects our ability to cope. Sleep should never be compromised on.
5. Think happy thoughts. Our mental state can affect how we react to things around us. If we keep focusing on the negative the entire time and don’t acknowledge the positives in our lives, there will never be a moment of peace. Being positive contributes to improved health and an overall sense of well-being.
Living with stress is normal, in fact it can be healthy, however when this stress is increased and it seems to be the only way we know how to live, this is when there needs to be a change in our lifestyle, with the inclusion of stress relief solutions into our lives to help give us a leg up when it comes to getting our lives back.
Go to www.tibbherbals.com for more information.