5 Signs of Skin Sensitivity with Cetaphil. - Giveaway
At Cetaphil® we know that living with sensitive skin could be a complex life-journey. The good news? You’re not alone. In fact, 70% of us admit to having skin that is prone to dryness, irritation, inflammation and discomfort.
From chemical irritants to environmental conditions, hormonal shifts and stress, many factors can trigger or exacerbate skin sensitivity. But when skin needs are as unique as they are personal, how do we identify sensitive skin to select the best products?
We consulted with dermatologists, scientists, and experts across the world to define 5 Signs of Skin Sensitivity to develop dedicated products for all skin types, even the most sensitive.
Identifying 5 Signs of Skin Sensitivity
1. Weakened skin barrier People with sensitive skin often have a thinner or damaged barrier layer of skin that allows irritants to penetrate more easily, and skin dehydrates more easily. This is not something you are likely to see, but you will feel it. If you are prone to discomfort, like stinging or burning sensations when using products not designed for sensitive skin, high chances are you have a damaged or fragile skin barrier.
2. Irritation Redness, itching, burning, stinging, sensitive skin can be prone to all sorts of unpleasant sensations. Irritation is one of the most frequently reported and bothersome signs of sensitive skin. Sometimes you’ll see it, other times you’ll feel it, either way, you’ll want to avoid and instantly soothe it by selecting the right sensitive skin product for you.
3. Roughness Flaky, dull, patchy, and uneven skin texture is a visible sign of sensitive skin. Such irregularities affect overall skin quality and can lead to discomfort and distress. Roughness usually goes hand in hand with dryness.
4. Dryness Dry skin is commonly both a visible and sensorial indicator of sensitive skin. A weakened skin barrier creates an ineffective seal on the skin’s surface which leads to the loss of water and skin dehydration. This can lead to skin that feels tight or rough. The right sensitive skin products restore the natural skin’s hydration and sustainably hydrate the skin over time.
5. Tightness The sensation that your skin is taut, stretched and strained is a feeling those with sensitive skin know all too well. Tightness is an indicator that your skin lacks moisture and hydration and is uncomfortable if left untreated.
Cetaphil® Defends Against 5 Signs of Skin Sensitivity For almost 75 years, Cetaphil® has worked with dermatologists and healthcare professionals to develop and test our products. Through rigorous clinical testing, Cetaphil® was proven very effective against the key 5 Signs of Skin Sensitivity: weakened skin barrier, irritation, roughness, dryness and tightness.
Cetaphil’s Gentle Skin Cleanser effectively cleanses all skin types without drying out, and Cetaphil’s Moisturising Lotions & Creams replenish skin moisture to keep skin hydrated and supple for up to 48 hours.
Defend against 5 Signs of Skin Sensitivity. Try Cetaphil’s range of tried and tested formulas giving your sensitive skin the extra care it deserves.
It's G-I-V-E-A-W-A-Y time and we want to spoil you - In order to stand a chance to win, simply name 1 skin sensitivity sign that Cetaphil defends against, tag your bestie who you think would like to win one of 5 incredible Complete Care for your Sensitive Skin hampers. Follow both @salifemag & @cetaphil_southafrica